Thursday, May 15, 2008

Major Fair Update!!

















I can't believe it!! Sydney's pig won 4-H Grand Champion Hog, then went on to win Grand Champion overall at the Salinas Valley Fair. Another bonus, her cousin Brooke won weight champion in her class too. I had to work today, but I took my class to the fair. Syd was in class 11 (second to last). I left the fair to go back to school at 1:00 and she had not gone in yet. We estimated that she would probably go in around 2:00 (school gets out at 2:05). While I was at school I get a text that Brooke won weight champion. Then at around 2:00 I got another text that Syd was in and her pig got penned (that's a good thing). She won weight champ in her division. So, Brooke and Sydney both went in for champion drive for 4-H. I made it to the fair just in time to see them. Syd won and we were all so excited. Next FFA had to get judged to determine their grand and reserve hog. So the grand and reserve hog for 4-H competed with the grand and reserve hog from FFA for Grand Champion. Syd won it!! It was great and everyone was there. We got to take pictures with the judge. She got a big belt buckle and a nice duffle bag. Let's not forget the BIG purple ribbon and banner. It was a great day for all of us.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats Sydney! I am so happy for you, you have the best pig in the whole fair, you should be very proud! I wish I could have been there. Love ya

Bobbie Lynn said...

Congratulations Sydney! Love your photos too. :)