Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I've got a lot of catching up to do...

Since the Lady Ga Ga post I have gone to Vegas, floated down the river in a boat, had a tree fall on me, and threw a BBQ for Liam's b-day. Did you catch that part about the tree? Well, in case there is one person left who knows me but does NOT know this already, a big #%$ tree fell on my SUV...while I was inside last Thursday.
I know BIG GASP, but no worries, I came out unscathed (Chuck Norris better watch out...Facebookers should get this). Sorry, but I have had to retell "the story" in person more than several times, I posted pictures and explanations on Facebook, so this blog is getting the abridged version. In fact, all I'm going to write is that one minute I had my foot on the brake and my hand on the gear shifter in Drive when a rather large tree fell on top of my 'burb collapsing the passenger side and smashing the windshield in. I'm okay, but my poor 'burb didn't make it out so well. Insurance guy is coming out tomorrow to give it a "look 'n see". Is the fact that I give every tree I drive by the stink eye a sign of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome?


We celebrated Liam turning the big Sev-en last Sunday. His birthday is July 1st but we did not get anything put together until last weekend. It was just the neighbors and family. They played outside and we BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs (the good Costco ones). I didn't have time to make a big 'ol cake so I made "ice cream cone" cupcakes. It's cake batter baked in a cake cone, then frosted to look like soft serve ice cream. They are super easy and the kids really liked them. Liam got a new bike. Not just any bike, but a John Deere bike. He was VERY happy.


After the party I asked Will if he could take some pictures of the birthday boy and me. I am never in the pictures because I am always the one TAKING them. Anyway, getting dorkfish boy to smile nicely (key word) is like trying to get him to relinquish his claim on my living room as "his field"...not gonna happen. Between Liam's inability to smile like a "normal boy", Will's dee-dee-dee handling of the camera, and my quitting attitude we turned out some LOVELY shots. I'm talking front cover of Vanity Fair, BAY-BEE!!!!

We begin with the open mouth pose (at least there wasn't food in his mouth)

Ok, let's change background and try the "sit in lap" pose, Uh No...looking a little "strained" there
buddy.

Maybe if I move in closer and give him the "squishy, wishy mommy hug" pose...apparently, he is sour on that idea as evident by the pucker on his face.

Time to change pose..let's try the stand by and look at each other adoringly...no, no Liam you look at me, and what's with that "strained" look again...you need more fish oil son???

I give up...Will just take the flippin' pictures and I'll just pose Liam style too, what the heck if you can't beat 'em...right??




And Finally....I think a semi-decent picture (at least of me anyway)



No comments: